OFFICE OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT
Garden City University College
Towards the redesigning and restructuring of the programmes, personnel, and functions of Garden City University College to become a more efficient and effective 21st Century institution of higher learning, the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) is established to be responsible for an integrated and a comprehensive internal and external relations programmes. Advancement is a strategic, integrated method of managing relationships to increase understanding and support among an educational institution's key constituents, including alumni and friends, government policy makers, the media, members of the community and philanthropic entities of all types.
These include marketing and communications, alumni affairs, corporate and foundation relations, print, web, broadcast media and special events. These activities are meant to enhance global awareness and recognition of Garden City University College’s unique brand as a pre-eminent private tertiary institution in the country and globally. The Office will facilitate the understanding and participation of our various constituencies and other stakeholders to garner financial support for the development activities of the University College.
To advance the vision and mission of Garden City University College by providing leadership, expertise and support in the areas of relationship development, alumni events, fundraising and communications to secure private financial resources in support of the University College’s mission and vision.
To enhance the visibility and credibility of Garden City University College among our constituencies and the global community as a pre-eminent private tertiary institution of choice in Ghana and globally.
The Office of Institutional Advancement will accomplish its mandate by:
- developing and implementing creative, efficient, effective and quality internal and external communications strategies that include public information, marketing and publications to promote the unique brand of the University College
- securing private financial resources to support the University College’s vision and mission
- developing quality and quantity alumni initiatives that foster positive and mutually beneficial relationships and lifelong support
- establishing formal partnerships with foreign institutions and broaden the international horizon of the University College
The Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) will be headed by a Director who will be responsible to the President of the University College. The Office will execute its mandate through the following four (4) operational Units:
- Corporate and Foundations Relations Unit
- Marketing and Communications Unit
- International Relations and Programmes Unit
- Alumni Relations Unit
The primary core disciplines of educational advancement are alumni relations, communications, marketing and fundraising. Advancement professionals work on behalf of educational institutions to:
- Secure private financial support from potential donors committed to the mission of the institution
- Engage alumni in the life of the institution as volunteers, advocates and supporters
- Promote or market the institution to prospective students, their parents and others
- Communicate about the institution with those who have a stake in its success, including community members, business leaders, government officials, the press and others.